Congratulations to Daniel Gayton on successfully getting his driver’s licence!
The CJSC Board offers grants to help CJ students pay for driving lessons and get their driver’s licence. One successful recipient of the Driving Grant in 2018 was Daniel Gayton. Daniel, who completed his year 12 studies at CJ last year, achieved his goal of getting his driver’s licence before the end of the school year. Daniel commented that, “The Keys to Drive course, along with the Driver’s Grant, were incredibly helpful in enabling me to get my driver’s licence. Lessons can be expensive, and without the generous help of Cyril Jackson Senior Campus, there’s a strong chance I still wouldn’t be in possession of my licence. Now that I am, it has made things much easier, and opened up a whole new avenue of independence for me.”
Students can qualify for the program if they
• are aged between 16 and 25.
• are currently studying at Cyril Jackson Senior Campus.
• have completed the Keys for Life driving course.
• have a current Learner Driver’s Licence.
• have difficulty paying for driving lessons.
• have achieved Progress Map level 4 or higher in speaking and listening (EAL/D students only)
No comment yet, add your voice below!